This was a cold, dark day when the snow drift first started really appearing. As Mark said, "I thought we bought a house, not a ski resort." It was actually in our yard for four months.
This is another attempt at snow tunneling - they were using sand shovels from when we went to the beach to try to dig this out.
That's our neighbors 6 foot fence - the snow drift at this point was equal in height. But at it's peak the drift was about 7 feet and butt up right next to the neighbor's fence. The kids could literally step down over the fence into the neighbor's yard. And it was about 10-15 feet wide depending on the week. Tunneling, sledding, and just plain fun was had when the temperture was about 20 degrees or more.
And now it's spring. Almost exactly one month from when the snow drift finally all melted, we mowed the grass for the first time. Notice that our neighbor is out planting his field the same day. And of course we have awesome neighbors because they use green machines. Go John Deere!
I just loved this picture! I know it's of our backs, but I think it says a lot. We really enjoy living in our suburban home, but with a definite country feel! The sunsets are unbelievable!
3 comments:
YEAH! I am so excited about your blog! You guys look great and I love the tunnels. Come check out our blog. I added you to my favorites so I can check up on you a lot! So excited!
Hey Laura, it's Cindy. I am so glad you finally jumped on the blog wagon! Love the picture of you and the boys. They are grown so much. Visit my blog anytime, we just had Parker's first birthday party. One already!!
Laura! I am so glad you are going to be blogging! So fun to see your family and get updated. The pictures make me miss Iowa...well at least springtime in Iowa!
Post a Comment