Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

With a bit of a heavy heart I sent three boys off to school today. THREE. I am always a bit sad to see summer come to an end. We had a lot of good quality time together...lots of good memories made.
There was lots of excitment this morning. So seeing them happy and ready to go was exciting to me as well.
Drew started kindergarten and I think that may be where my heavy heart comes from. He was definitely ready, but this mom was not quite ready to give up that time I had with him before all day kindergarten. But he was so cute and so excited to get there. Nothing but smiles. Love that kid!


So farwell summer and hello fall!










2 comments:

Straley Family said...

Kindergarten is harder on the parents than the kids. I put McKenna on the bus today mostly excited for her to have a good school year and a little sad to see the summer end. But the first day of Kindergarten was a hard one and it will be with Karina too.

Theresa Walker said...

So hard to pass through the seasons... the boys look great and Drew does have an amazing smile!