Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Early Christmas Present

This present arrived in the form of a giant container and a crew of moving men. We did not expect our container to arrive until a couple of weeks after Christmas...we were thrilled when it arrived on December 20th! We only waited 6 weeks! It was an enormous Christmas gift that made things seem like home in quick fashion. We were especially excited to see the tree. We did not have many decorations up other than stockings that had arrived in our small shipment a month eariler, so this was perfect. We found the tree and with much energy, we found most of the ornaments. So on Wednesday December 21st we put up the tree (and very late at night I might add). But it was perfect and the kids were thrilled.

Our "normal" traditions were worked in all through the month of December, some in different manners than we have in the past. But it all worked and we learned about being flexible. And being happy in doing things differently.


Dallin is holding our "before" tree and next to him is the "after" tree.







The day our shipment came was also Mark and I's 14th wedding anniversary! I just have to say how amazing the man I married is. I love that we laugh and that we love being together always. I am blessed each day to have meet and married Mark. For eternity.


1 comment:

heathermommy said...

Hey Laura - just catching up wit you guys. Looks like you are doing great. We saw Mark at church on Sunday - That was crazy!