Last month I turned 35. It was a lonely day for me. Mark was out of town and I found myself in a country that I felt very uncomfortable in. I thought much about the years I have under my belt and concluded that I had earned every one of those years. I wondered if I was bothered by getting older and concluded, at least at this point I am happy to call myself closer to 40 than 30. We celebrated a week and a half after the fact, but it was a fun night to be with the kiddies and my hubbie who I had missed dearly. In a post soon I will write about the day to day here in Chile. I have struggled and found myself in depression, but I am finding that as time goes on crawling out of bed is getting easier and I am having more good days than bad. Learning the language is becoming a road to freedom that I am glad to be on (even if I am going very slowly).
1 comment:
It gets easier! I remember moving to Australia and being bugged that I didn't adjust as quickly as I thought I would. I was sad and missed home and missed normal. Just remember it gets easier and that you are a super mom and woman! Happy Birthday! I am glad that you are now my age!
Post a Comment