Autumn is here! Warm days mixed with a few cool ones here and there and very cool nights. I was driving down a certain road that I love in the fall because of all the big trees and beautifully changing leaves. I was thinking, "I have seen this before and I purposefully drove this way to see these things because I knew they were here." So that might sound a bit crazy, but it was a realization of the fact that we have been here long enough to see seasons again, to know what to look for, and where to see it. I love living here and I feel that this is home...almost.
There is always that part of me that knows this is temporary. I never felt that this when we moved in the US even though we moved often. But here the talk is always, how long have you been here, when do you go back, where will you return to. There is always this little part of me that just can't quite get comfortable and fully settled. So thinking about this second fall coming and being here has been good because it reminds me that life moves, it grows, it has it's up and downs no matter where life takes you. I miss the US, but I love living here too. My life is not perfect and maybe not the ideal life for all people, but I get to share it with the 5 loves of my life. And life may not always be exciting, but we are here together and we can do these hard things together and we can also experience the joy together.
And with that I will give a little run down of our week.
Arts in Action -- A celebration of the art, music, and dance.
 |
| Cute Drew! |
 |
| He is always in the very back, so to get this I had to go right up front and embarrass my 7th grader, good thing he loves me. |
 |
| Easton was having a hard day so he skipped jardin (preschool) and was great company for me. |
 |
| Can you find Mason? |
Cub Scout Activity - A trip to a car collector's museum for inspiration for the Pinewood Derby. With two boys in cub scouts, that means for the second and last time Mark will help two boys make cars.
 |
| This was the boys favorite room by far...tanks and military trucks to climb on, in, and under. |
 |
| For Grandpa Hamilton...Go Beavers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment