Early Sunday morning we boarded our plane and headed to Cusco, Peru. Once we arrived in this city that sits over 11,000 feet above sea level, we left! We got in a van and drove down...about 2,000 feet. When making our travel plans, we decided it would be better for our bodies to start a bit down to try to avoid the true altitude sickness. And it worked, none of us got altitude sickness (well, maybe I did but we can't decide if it was the altitude or something I ate, but it was short lived and didn't stop any of our plans, I think I ate something that didn't agree with me, who knows). On the 1 and 1/2 hour drive to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley we saw some amazing vistas. Once at our hotel, we enjoyed walking around this small, rural town which we really enjoyed and had a great dinner. Then early to bed since we had woken up at 4am and we had a HUGE day ahead of us.
 |
| We packed light. This is all we had for a week. And it worked. Wow I had no idea a family of six could travel with one pack back and two duffle bags. For the train we could have a total of 66 pounds of luggage, we did it in 55. |
 |
| Our hotel and the owner. It was really a fantastic place to stay. Though it was a bit loud at night. This little town has very narrow roads and huge trucks coming in and out of it. There are constant horns honking, goats bleating, and truck noises echoing in the narrow alleys. But the location was perfect for us. |
 |
| Two little monkeys jumping on our first walk around Ollantaytambo. |
 |
| The view from our balcony was amazing! The ruins were right there. |
No comments:
Post a Comment