We arrived on a Saturday and then spent Sunday going to church and then having a big Sunday night dinner together as a family. Oh how I wish that could occur so much more often. On Monday those who could went on a picnic and a drive through Garden of the Gods (an amazing state park in Colorado with these red rock formations).
L to R - My dad, my younger brother Patrick, Mark, my mom, and my niece Hannah.
This is in the state park. This particular place is called balancing rock and with the two pictures you get two very different views of this rock!
L to R - Drew, my nephew Braiden, Dallin, Mason, my niece Hannah, and me.
More of Garden of the Gods.
Growing up we saw deer run through our yard and eat trees, but they would run away when humans got near...now since the neighborhood has grown more than 10 times the size it was when I lived there the deer have little place to run to. So they camp, we could not run this deer with her twin babies off our yard. The kids loved seeing this mom and her twin babies come several times in the few days we were there, so I had to include a picture. Though Grandpa was not happy with the bushes they were snacking on.
1 comment:
I love the pictures of Red Rock. I miss Colorado. Neil and I have thrown around the idea of settling there after he's out of the Army. So pretty!
Post a Comment