Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chile

So the first few weeks were full of the little details that pretty much drive you crazy. And we have found that in Chile those details take much longer than we are accustomed to. The waiting just about made me crazy. I found myself getting a bit depressed.

Mason started school 4 days after we got here, but Dallin and Drew had to wait because of the acceptance process for the elementary more than a week after Mason. It was a long wait...at least it seemed like it. No car, no toys, no books, no TV, no computer equals drive your mom crazy with the phrase, "I'm bored."

But there were fun times too. We did a lot outside and played together and the boys found clubs to make and adventures to have while I tried to get the house cleaned and manageable. The pool was cold in November and the first couple of weeks in December. I guess most people don't get in until the end of December, but we had just left snow, so the boys could not wait. They would get in for short periods in the afternoon. In November the temps in the day were 75-85, but at night in would drop to 45-50. It makes for perfect days, but cold pools.






This was the first day here in the morning in our front yard.



Until last week, much of the house was empty. We had a few rental pieces. Two couches, a table, and beds. So there was room to run.


And the pool and backyard are gorgeous! I love being outside and just looking at the garden in the back and front. And I love my lemon trees. The lemons will be turning yellow soon. There are a lot of them just getting ready to ripen.











No comments: