Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I will be trying to play catch up here for a while. We have been seeing new things and doing all sorts of new things. So now I have to organize all my thoughts and get working on getting it all documented. This post is going to be a few pictures of the weeks before we left. Then on to the Chile stuff.

So the last few weeks were filled with the end of the soccer season and a very sick Dallin, he missed 5 days of school. He didn't want to miss the last game and getting a medal, so he cheered his team on from the side lines (and a safe distance away).


This is Drew's last game and awards.







Trunk or treating at the church the Wednesday before Halloween. It was the only trick or treating we did. Since in Iowa trick or treating is always the day before Halloween (it goes way back and I am still not sure why the tradition hasn't died) it fell on a Sunday. We went to a friends for dinner instead and left a bowl out on the porch for the neighbors.



Carving pumpkins Thursday before Halloween. Dallin was laying on the floor, just watching. He drew the face on his pumpkin and I carved it for him (that is how I knew he was really sick).






Our friends threw a going away party for the boys at a gym. It was so nice of them. They invited all classmates at school and families. Unfortunately I didn't take more than a few pictures and most didn't turn out.


The night before we left (Friday November 12th) was the boys piano recital.
They all did so well. I am so proud of all their hard work. Especially considering we didn't have the piano for the 5 days before the recital, since it was packed on the truck. We did go over to a friends the night before so they could practice before the big day. We sure miss their piano teacher, she has a place in our hearts. We look forward to when they can learn from her again.










No comments: