The first Saturday in May (yes, I am a tad behind) we headed up the more than 50 switchbacks to make our way to some of the ski resorts. It had been cold with lots of snow the weekend before, however it was warm and beautiful for our little adventure. We had a couple of stops along the way to enjoy the amazing views and the wildlife. A few weeks before this trip Mark had taken some coworkers visiting from the States up to the resorts and stumbled upon a little area near condor nests. By chance they stopped at a place where professional photographers sit quietly for hours upon hours to get amazing photos of the condors. So we stopped there and were definitely not disappointed. Our camera stinks for this sort of thing, so we didn't get any decent photos, but we saw them up close. It was truly awe inspiring. Mark and I love the mountains and are proud to say we have brought our kids up to love them as well.





The only picture I got was as it was flying away. And I am not even sure if this is one of the condors or hawks that we saw because we saw many of both.
Our little snowman...if we had had gloves it would have been bigger, but our hands were freezing by this point. Despite the fact that the rest of us was very warm.
Love those mountains!
One thing that is weird to me is how these resorts have no trees...
No comments:
Post a Comment