Monday, January 14, 2013

Easton's first "thing"

So for years Easton has been dragged around to and from practices, concerts, games, and recitals. I can remember nursing him A LOT in the car when he was a little guy. In fact we were in basketball season when he was born, moved right to soccer and baseball. And then soccer again...all on top of piano and cub scouts. So this was his first "thing" that we all went to of his and it was amazing. The preschool Easton goes to is a Chilean, Spanish speaking school not far from our home. And it has been a wonderful experience, with wonderful teachers. It is also on the normal South American schedule so in December was the end of the school year performance. It was so well done and thought out. The teachers are miracle workers to get all those 3 year olds moving and dancing at all the correct times. Easton was a turtle and he was so excited about it. We made his costume (it was the only costume not made by a seamstress that helps out every year). Easton helped to paper mache his shell and paint it. And I might add I think it looked pretty good and more like a turtle than the others. :-) Easton danced and participated and knew where to go. We were proud parents. 
 A few days before they had a rehearsal.  And they face painted the kids according to what there character was.  You must know that Easton HATES face paint.  I was extremely surprised when I picked him up and low and behold facepaint and NO tears.  Easton informed me he allowed it because it was only one top and it wasn't really paint it was a tortuga (turtle in Spanish).  Of course now I understand. 
Their class did a little acting out of a pirate story.  A group of pirates come to an island and try to steal the treasure, but are taught a valuable lesson about being nice.  The kids would get up and dance and move to music.  A lot of the music was from the US and I couldn't help but laugh when the hulu girls danced to Single Ladies and Rehab...really?

The turtles were in the background making ocean waves with their hands!  Love!  Also see that little pirate on the left...not a happy pirate...and a teacher trying to convince him he was happy.


No comments: