However Dallin's team pulled together to get to the semi-finals and then play in the 3rd/4th place game (they started with 8 teams in the league but I think ended with 6). And then they played the best game of the season to end up in 3rd place. And their team won the sportsmanship award for the league. So they definitely ended on a high note. And let me tell you about Dallin, he definitely isn't the tallest guy on the team, but as the season went on he really progressed and improved. I am proud of the energy and the effort he gives at his games. I think at first he was discouraged because most of the players were larger and taller than him, but once he realized he could defend and get in the way of the opposing team, he really found his grove.
Friday, November 22, 2013
B-ball - Dallin style
This year has been a little rough on my two older basketball players. Basketball just isn't the same here. And it has been a bit discouraging at times.
However Dallin's team pulled together to get to the semi-finals and then play in the 3rd/4th place game (they started with 8 teams in the league but I think ended with 6). And then they played the best game of the season to end up in 3rd place. And their team won the sportsmanship award for the league. So they definitely ended on a high note. And let me tell you about Dallin, he definitely isn't the tallest guy on the team, but as the season went on he really progressed and improved. I am proud of the energy and the effort he gives at his games. I think at first he was discouraged because most of the players were larger and taller than him, but once he realized he could defend and get in the way of the opposing team, he really found his grove.
However Dallin's team pulled together to get to the semi-finals and then play in the 3rd/4th place game (they started with 8 teams in the league but I think ended with 6). And then they played the best game of the season to end up in 3rd place. And their team won the sportsmanship award for the league. So they definitely ended on a high note. And let me tell you about Dallin, he definitely isn't the tallest guy on the team, but as the season went on he really progressed and improved. I am proud of the energy and the effort he gives at his games. I think at first he was discouraged because most of the players were larger and taller than him, but once he realized he could defend and get in the way of the opposing team, he really found his grove.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment