Friday, November 22, 2013

Finally - A soccer Game!

Drew has been playing soccer at his school since he started at Nido.  But the way the sports program for the Elementary school works basically they just have the kids doing practices (with a few scrimmages between the grade levels here and there).  So this year he finally got to participate in a tournament with other schools from around Santiago.
So I had to admit I was a little nervous for him.  Their team had never had an official game and they don't practice nearly as much as the Santiago school teams.  But he and his teammates were so excited and so determined to give it their all.  And guess what, I didn't need to be nervous at all.  Those boys got out there and won 2 matches and tied their last one.  So their team won their age group bracket!  Go Nido Eagles!  And excuse the far away shots, we only brought one lens to the game. :-(

I think the sun might have been in Drew's eyes...
Playing soccer and being with great friends!




Celebrating afterwards!

No comments: