Monday, April 7, 2014

Bucket List - Easter Island

From the moment we began our research about Chile nearly 3 years ago, Easter Island was on the list of things to do.  It especially appealed to Mason.  After conversations with others who had gone we weren't sure it was going to happen.  Many said it was just too expensive for this small island out in the middle of the Pacific ocean.  But once we knew the return to the US was eminent I began realizing I really wanted to go and I really wanted to take Mason.  So after doing a little travel research  and talking to some people who highly recommended making the trip, we took the plunge and bought the plane tickets.  And so began our trip of a lifetime.

Here is the start of our vacation.  Our first day (Friday) was for exploring.





After we got settled into our beautiful cottages we did a little exploring.  And just a 2 minute walk down the coast from our cottage was this moai platform.  The setting was gorgeous.
 Lunch with an ocean view!

 We saw sea turtles in this little bay.

 A little play at the park after a long plane ride is always a great idea!







 Look at all those bananas!  When I say we ate fresh fruit, I mean fresh within minutes of them being taken off the tress!


No comments: