A little background on preschool. Here in Chile a lot of the kids start at age 2 going 5 days a week, 4 hours each day. I did not know that preschool was so much time when we arrived. Some how in our research I missed the 5 days a week thing. When we first accepted this position in Chile we were all set to send Easton to preschool so he could be immersed in the language and become this little Spanish speaker. And then we got here. And I found out the time involved. I was not thrilled. I did however put him on a waiting list at a preschool that I liked and did nothing more. No back-ups, no worrying. Pretty much hoping that he would not get into school because I did not want him gone that much, even with the prospect of learning Spanish.
The school year here is March-December. March rolled around and Easton was too far down on the list and I was relieved for it. And then the last week in March I got a call from the school saying they had an opening and would I like Easton to start the next day. I said yes and then frantically called Mark, because I was sad to see him go to school.
Having said all that, Easton started school the next day. I figured we would give it a go and if it didn't work out I would pull him out. It was a hard first day. Alligator tears and soft words of, "Please don't go mommy," hurt my heart. Eventually I was able to leave and things have gotten easier from there. He cried a lot the first 5 days and now he still gets a little clingy, but no tears. And the best part is how happy he is when I pick him up. I know he enjoys it. Still it is hard some mornings because I miss my little friend hanging out with me. So here's to my little amigo!
1 comment:
He is so cute! You are a good mom. I hate letting those little ones go to school and can relate to those feelings. You look great btw!
Post a Comment