Monday, December 8, 2014

Music Concerts

Tis the season for music concerts.  Dallin had his before Thanksgiving and Mason had his the week after.  Unfortunately I couldn't see Dallin during his.  So only pictures before and after.  And with Mason I didn't bring the camera, expecting similar things as Dallin's, but I should have.  All I had was my phone and the pictures didn't turn out well, so I have one lonely picture.  Bad mom!  Oh well, the concerts were really nice and I really enjoyed being there for them and hearing them.  The boys have had to work really hard to play catch up.  In Chile band didn't start until 7th grade.  They got 9 weeks of it in 6th grade.  A kind of trail run to see if they enjoy it.  Here in Iowa they start completely in 5th grade.  Mason is about caught up, but Dallin will take probably until the end of 7th grade, as the kids all had two years on him.  It has been frustrating for Dallin, but he is doing it.

I see it all over his face - "MOM, why do you have to have that huge lens on the camera, pointing right at me, you are so embarrassing!"

I think with the lights and distance, my phone just refused to focus!  But this is the high school jazz band concert that Mason participated in.  

No comments: