Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today we spent the day with some wonderful friends. We ate, talked, laughed, ate some more, and just enjoyed. Our kids went crazy and ran circles around the house and all the while I loved it. I feel like no matter where we live the Lord brings great friends in to our lives and for that I am grateful.
After our friends left we vegged for awhile and I got to talk to my brothers. How grateful I am that we live in a place that has technology that makes it possible to talk to family a thousand miles away. We then had our nightly scriptures and prayer and we talked. I love that, just sitting upstairs talking together, the five of us. We talked about our blessings. We talked about how no matter where we live or how many times we move that we always have each other. We are a family and we share love and that makes it all good. There may be trials and hard things, but we have the Lord and our family and our faith.

I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

You guys are a pretty amazing family!

Heidi said...

HEY Laura! You guys are such a great example! Can you email me your home address? Thanks. dresslerpartyoffive@gmail.com