Each year the stake (an area combining several congregations) youth leaders organize a cultural event for the teenagers of our church. And it is a BIG deal. Last year each congregation was assigned a country. From there they had to get costumes, music, and choreograph a dance that showed the traditions of the country. This year was a musical theme. Each ward had to choose a musical, do an expert from it involving music, singing, choreography, and scenery. Wow was it a lot of time and preparation for everyone. But it was such a fun opportunity to get to know the kids and see the fruits of their labors. It was great to be a leader for this, and especially good because I was also the mom of one of the kids.
Love these two beautiful young women
These two brothers just got here in June and jumped in head first. Aladdin (on the right) memorized a song in SPANISH and sang in a duet with Jasmine. Wow!
Accepting the award for best cinematography.
1 comment:
I've loved looking through all your summer posts. What a great trip to the states you had...wow, you guys did a lot! I'm so glad I was able to see you and visit for awhile. It meant a lot to me for you to come here. You know I love you (and am jealous that you DO NOT age). :)
Post a Comment