Friday, August 3, 2012

Colorado Bit by Bit

Our first week in Colorado (sin camera) was spent finding things indoors to do...it was hot and it was smokey.  We did things like meet our two new nieces/cousins go to the movies, bowl, go out to lunch, and shop.  And the boys didn't mind shopping because we had nothing, so new socks were a big deal.  We also watched a lot of news.  The local channels had nothing on but the news to keep us posted.  We also did a lot of praying for all involved in the fires. 
The second week was getting back to my parents home.  We celebrated the 4th quietly...all city celebrations were cancelled as fire fighting was still in full force on the 4th.  But we had fun swimming, playing baseball, exploring, and BBQing. 

*WARNING*...a disclaimer to all.  I bought a brand new camera while in the States and took about 1,000 during the 4 weeks I had it.  I have been deleting a lot, but there are still tons.  So just remember that it looks like I posted a ton of pictures, but I spared you 100's of others.  :-)
MORNING

NOON





 ...and NIGHT




Dallin made up this game where he would throw the balls up in the air, Easton and cousin would catch them and then they could chase Dallin around and throw them at him.  It was entertainment for probably 20-30 minutes. 

Sweet Girl.  My new niece.
Why did I post this?  Because it was so easy and festive...thank you Mel's Kitchen Cafe.com.  I just loved these 4th of July brownie kabobs.  I know I am a bit weird but these type of things make me happy. 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my, your fire story is crazy!!! Glad that everyone was ok and that you were able to still have a good time seeing your family!

Unknown said...

I am glad that everything was okay with your family and their house!! What fun pictures. I wish we could have seen you!