I look back at my last birthday and see that this year I am in a much better place. This past year has been a year of growing and learning for all of us and we have learned to call Chile home. I was happy to have a day with my family to celebrate a year gone by and a new year full of good things to come.
Normally Mark makes the cake, but for a very long time I have been wanting to try making Red Velvet cupcakes, so I did some research and found a recipe that I tweaked a bit according to the comments and ended up with these. And they are so good! And I got to make them with one of my very favorite people.
We went rock climbing. I had gone with the youth at our church and had been wanting to take the kids. Some weren't super excited, but once we got there they loved it. The boys were all really good at it. Though Mason made it the highest of us all.
There was also a company set up with these bicycle go cart type things that the kids took a turn at. So fun!




1 comment:
Happy Birthday Laura! What a fun family you have. I hope it was a great day. :)
Post a Comment