Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 3 - Adventure Patagonia

Day 3 was a big day.  We hiked one section of the "W" (all the sections are a 3-4 day hike in the park) which was 18km (or just over 11 miles).  It takes you to the base of the Torres.  And it wasn't the easiest of hikes, especially as the first hour is a very good incline up, up, and more up.  But once we got going it was good.  The first 30 minutes I was a bit worried we wouldn't even make it up to the first camp, but once everyone got in their groove it was amazing.  Can I tell you how amazing my kids are?  We had conversation,laughter, adventure, and views!  And little Easton astounded us all, he kept going and going and going.  In fact he made it about 15 km (that's over 9 miles!).  Once we got to the second camp we knew the terrain was not 4 year old friendly so Easton and I made our way back to the first camp, while Mark, Mason, Dallin, and Drew headed up to the Torres.







 Little owl.



 This is a little before we separated.  But it sums up our trek together once the others were gone.  Easton walking and talking with energy to spare and I just thinking how do you do that with those little legs.  He and I had a wonderful trek through a beautiful area on our own while the boys ascended to the Torres.  We went down to the first camp at our own pace to wait at and it was a lot of fun with this non-stop talker.  



 It's funny how it was all sunny and calm on Easton and I's trek down, while at the Torres it was a whole different climate.  Fog and a little rain.  Once Easton and I were at the first camp the wind picked up and a few sprinkles.  And then from the first camp once the boys were back it was windy and sunny.  The weather was all over the place!





The end!  This sign shows this 18km trek.  Easton and I point to where we went.  Dallin shows where we started and Drew shows where Drew, Dallin, Mason, and Mark went.  

No comments: