When I first got to Chile I felt literally insane. I was depressed from losing my independence. I could not speak the language or understand the culture and I felt very dependent on others. And in the midst of this, the stars aligned and I ended up neighbors with Grace, and through Grace I met Annik, who also lived in our neighborhood. And we all had our three year old boys at the same jardin (preschool). What was a chance conversation about wanting to try a personal trainer became a reality when Annik found us a guy who would come to our neighborhood and torture, I mean strength train. So we began what seemed like a great way to exercise with an English speaking trainer. What it ended up being was sanity, therapy, and friendship. Several months later we added Kiersten and then from there we had Kristy in the summers and when Grace got pregnant and had her sweet baby girl we added Mia. It was what made my Chile experience great. We laughed, cried, celebrated, vented, and shared triumphs and failures. I love these women. And don't forget Manuel who knows way to much about all of us and got us all whipped into great shape. It was such a great 2 and 1/2 years together.

Mia, me, Grace, Kristy, and Manuel
Me, Kiersten, Mia, Annik, Grace, and Manuel
No comments:
Post a Comment